Apple is now accepting HomePod orders through its online store and Apple Store app for iPhone and iPad in the United States, Australia, and United Kingdom, with the first deliveries to customers estimated to arrive Friday, February 9, which is when in-store availability begins as well.
HomePod is available in Space Gray and White for $349 in the United States, $499 in Australia, and £319 in the United Kingdom.
HomePod order page on Apple’s online store:
• United States
• United KingdomHomePod order page and/or info from resellers:
• Best Buy in United States: Space Gray / White
• Argos in United Kingdom: Space Gray / White
• John Lewis in United Kingdom: Space Gray / White (available February 9)
• EE in United Kingdom
• The Good Guys in Australia: Space Gray / WhiteWhile the HomePod is only launching in three countries today, it can be used anywhere in the world. However, Siri currently supports American, Australian, and British varieties of English only. More languages will be supported in future software updates, including French and German this spring.
Apple has primarily positioned the HomePod as a speaker that can stream Apple Music, but with built-in Siri, users can send messages, set timers, play podcasts, check the news and weather, control HomeKit-enabled smart home accessories, and complete other tasks without needing to take out their iPhone.
The high-fidelity speaker is equipped with spatial awareness and Apple-engineered audio technology, including a seven‑tweeter array and high-excursion woofer. It stands nearly seven inches tall and is powered by Apple’s A8 chip.Related Roundup: HomePodDiscuss this article in our forums